A new version (0.06) of the OpenXDK has just been released.
The key features in this release are as follows:
- Support for compiling on both Linux and Windows though migration to automake/autoconf based builds
- Enhanced directory handling. For example, the notion of current directory is now supported, as well as being able to list and navigate through files and directories
- Increased audio support. SDLAudio will now auto-convert the various sample rates and frequencies
- Lastly, hopefully a start at supporting the Xecuter (and other debug-based) BIOSes. Please let me know if you still have troubles with OpenXDK applications on these BIOSes
A special thanks to Tom and Ender for their initial feedback and testing of the Linux builds. Likewise, to xphile for his tireless work converting the build process to automake.
This will be the last update for a few months as I leave very shortly to embark on a 3 month holiday. However, when I return, I will be concentrating on:
- SDL support for JPG, GIF, and PNG
- MP3 support
- Building a simple demo dashboard – if it hasn’t already been done by the time I get back 🙂